The MAICO Elektroapparate-Fabrik GmbH
The Schwenningen-based company MAICO was founded in 1928 by Christian Maier as MAICO Elektroapparate-Fabrik GmbH. Then the management passed to his two sons-in-law. In 1990, their sons, Hans Müller and Gerhard Warnke, took over the management of the company in the third generation. Both are driving the internationalization of the company decisively. When Hans Maier retires in 2017, Gerhard Warnke alone is in charge of the company.
The family business stands for high quality when it comes to the manufacture of fans. Controlled residential ventilation, small room ventilation, heat recovery, but also individual ventilation concepts for industrial plants are further focal points of the company. With a product portfolio of more than 1600 products, the company offers exactly the right product for every application and need.
MAICO, 90 years of successful expansion
The specialist for fans currently employs over 210 people in more than 30 countries on five continents. In 2000, the company celebrated the production of its ten millionth fan.
The greatest success in the company’s history
- Maico WS 320, highly efficient room air system for single and multi-family houses. Energy saving class A or A+.
- Maico WS 470, a decentralized ventilation system for use in single rooms.
- Maico Push Pull 60, very powerful, decentralised ventilation unit, in which over 80 percent of the heating energy can be recycled.
- Maico WRG 35, efficient fan unit, heat recovery and filter function
- Product Design Award,
- Red Dot Design Award, recognized seal of quality for industrial products
As the great innovations in the field of fans have already taken place, the main focus in the future will be on making complex controls even more user-friendly. Other innovations include the optimization of propulsion, aerodynamics, energy saving and the development of heat recovery systems.